Saturday, November 9, 2013

How does one find the time.....

June, July, August, September, October, November???? Yes (and I'm really saying this to myself) it's been that long since I've posted. Sometimes you have to acknowledge things in other ways than just thinking it or thinking about it. I had to actually type these words. Put them before my eyes in this manner.

Those months have been a blur of activity. Obligations. Family duties and responsibilities. Not surprising since I am a member of that Sandwich Generation I read about many years ago in a Social Psychology class. The reality of such a role so not on my radar at that time. Those months have been a blur of care-giving duties taking Mom back and forth for chemo treatments and doctor visits, getting grand kids anchored into the new school year, planning meals and cooking, laundry. Oh and did I mention housecleaning? Makes a knitter want to pull her hair out. Especially when you realize the knitting time you looked forward to at the end of the day is not going to happen unless you make extensive use of lifelines, tinking or ripping back. Have you ever proceeded with a chart row.....wait for it.....below or above the one you were supposed to be on. Yet, as Maya Angelou (or Dr. Angelou...come on...it's an honorary degree) says Still I rise. Actually in my case it's Still I manage to finish a knit project or even a KAL on time. But believe me, it's not the norm!

So it's not so much a case of how does one find the time. It's more a case of making the time, even if it means only knitting 2 rows or pushing through a tiredness or knitting with grand kids around your feet. So more about what I've been up to knitting-wise next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment