Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Two Years?

Yes, 2 years. Two things I know for sure, time doesn't wait for anyone and it flies. So, that it has been 2 years since I posted anything here, I am not nonplussed as I might have been in the past!

Much has happened in the past 2 years, happenings that add to the memories, good, bad, or otherwise. My dear Mother died October 12, 2015. It goes without saying that while continuing to be an integral part of grandchildrens's lives, caregiving also added to the time that I could no longer call mine. But, I would change nothing. Many of you know of my "standing in the gap" while my daughter got herself together. Although I did not provide the same challenges to my Mother, she nevertheless was always there for me--there were times she did not need the stress of going above and beyond. I am thankful to have been able to draw on that example to "always be there" for my daughter. I on occasion did things slightly different with/for/to my daughter than Mom a few times--as in the bark and bite being a lot more pronounced (lol). But, BUT, she daughter is a CNA now and has her own place with her man, a family in training if you will. I am proud of her efforts. I have 3 people under my roof (Khalil and Aiden still stay with me), down from 7 in a 3-bedroom apartment. If you know me, even if I lived alone, this apartment is not big enough for me (lol)!!!! Because I love my grandkids so so much, it is obviously easy for me to be taken advantage of but, BUT I am finding and including more ME time to do things with friends, etc.

In these past 2 years I found an old friend--gotta love that Facebook!!!!! It's been 40 years since I have seen him. I will see him the first part of December when he stops in Chicago during business travels to see his Mother and other family. I can't wait for the bear hugs from him!

I am taking care of an old friend. My husband is very ill, receiving comfort care in a 5-star Nursing & Rehabilitation facility. We have not been together for 13 years but are still legally married. He is the father of my children, my grandchildren's grandfather! I care about him and stopping short of another full time caregiving role am doing for him. I have to be able to sleep at night, look myself in the mirror and do what is pleasing to my God. Hubby trusts me enough that I have Durable Power of Attorney and Medical Power of Attorney. Sadly no one else is stepping up to the plate so I do what I can. Keep him in prayer. We don't know God's will but hubby will not get better according to doctors.

And sadly, I lost a new friend. 

As the song goes, And the Beat Goes On.....

No comments:

Post a Comment